Thursday, July 7, 2011

Friday

OK, I'm still running about a week behind but I'll try to get caught up soon.

Friday wasn't too interesting, either. I had a quiz in Literature that went OK, then we started on poems about the Loreley legend. We talked more about the different German states in my social studies class, then had lunch at an Italian restaurant. I had a pizza and it was all right. Germans have a thing or two to learn about Chicago style pizza - Italian style might be the original, but it doesn't quite cut it.

It rained after lunch, so a few friends and I had ice cream and hot chocolate in a little shop. After the rain ended, I went home for a while, then went out again around 8:00 to hang out a bit in Holzkirchen.

I ended up walking a friend home late at night - to an outlying village! - because not everybody knows their way around yet. It was about a half hour each way, but that was OK - it was a super nice night

5 comments:

sPh said...

Robert Robert on a quest to bring Chicago-style pizza to southern Germany! This should be interesting.

Dad-O

Lakeshore Librarian said...

Thanks for posting -- you could do a highlight reel a la your family's Christmas letter. I'm headed to Door County tomorrow for 5 days of camping but will be online at the beach, so keep those posts coming!

sPh said...

USA! USA! USA!

Dad-O

sphealey said...

USA! USA! USA! 3-1!

Dad-O

Lakeshore Librarian said...

I went up Sven's Bluff today to take a picture of the islands. Thinking of you in Peninsula State Park
Aunt Amy