Saturday, July 16, 2011

Saturday and Sunday

I'll try to speed this up now that I'm two weeks behind.

Saturday was a lot of fun. I woke up late, met up with some other students, had lunch at home, then took the train to Munich. I met up with John Lodato and Patrick Vatterott at the Marienplatz and we hung out most of the evening. We went to a food fair at the Olympic Park and then ate at the Augustiner Brewery. It was totally crazy that the three of us were in Munich at the same time - the last time we were all here was in 2005 with Herr Hasselschwert!

Sunday was also pretty cool - my host family took me out on an Architectural tour of Munich and then we went to BMW World. I saw a couple cool buildings on the way there - the tallest building in Munich is only about 40 stories.

2nd Tallest Building in Munich


BMW Office Tower
(Georg said he did IT work for BMW years ago in this building and lived across the street)

BMW world was pretty amazing, too. I got a lot of good architectural photography in and got to see some cool cars. There's an entire area where if you pay extra to pick up your BMW, you can walk down a glass staircase while the car is spotlighted and rotated. You then drive it away through the building.

BMWs waiting to be picked up



The BMW museum was closed, but I got to see a very cool exhibit on BMW art cars by famous artists. It just made me want to go paint the van even more.

BMW art car


We returned that evening and I hung out a bit with other students in Holzkirchen.

3 comments:

sPh said...

Thanks for the update.

Dad-O

julie.healey said...

Very cool!

Lakeshore Librarian said...

What they said. Hearing the highlights and knowing you're doing well is the most important thing. Nice photos!