Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Thrusday

Same deal today. I woke up, went to class, read some Goethe, and then had film class. We watched Wir Wunderkinder, which is a comedy that follows the life of two Germans throughout their lives – from 1915 or so until 1955. I’d recommend it if there’s a version with English subtitles – the German was pretty complicated but I ended up understanding pretty much all of it.

I went to a coffee shop afterwards to work a bit on my blog, and then I went home. Tonight was one of my guest parent’s birthdays, so I got my homework done before the big party!

They had a Russian theme this year (because they just got back from St. Petersburg the weekend before I came) and made all kinds of tasty Russian food. It was fun listening to all the German and German dialects – there was a decent amount of Bayern dialect being spoken, too. I also got to try Caviar – which was pretty gross but really classy. Pictures soon.

The whole family was there along with the new grandchild – only like a week old!

Not too much else interesting tonight - my host family has one of those cactuses that only blooms once a year and it bloomed tonight – I have a picture in a minute. I finally got to bed around 11:30 after a bit of Skyping.

2 comments:

sPh said...

> I have a picture in a minute.

I think we're up to 8429 pictures that will be posed "in a minute" or "in the next entry" ;-)

Dad-O

Lakeshore Librarian said...

Sounds wonderful. Gotta agree with my Bro about the lack of photos. There is a way to post a photostream on the blog -- especially since you keep talking about things that are life- chantingly beautiful, and every picture your friends post on Facebook shows your camera. Reading Goethe is probably more important than our curousity ...but if we could just have one picture