Thursday, June 30, 2011

Saturday

Today was our free day in Köln, which meant I got to sleep in! The girls in the group wanted to go shopping downtown in the morning so I met up with everybody for lunch. Almost everybody ate Italian but I cheaped out and had a chicken sandwich from a Kiosk. By the way, meals are expensive here. Like, something that sounds reasonable in dollars. But it’s not in dollars – it’s $x1.5. I hope I have some money left by the end…

After lunch I did a bit of shopping (buying additional socks!) and took a look through Saturn, which is like Best Buy but with a much better selection. I did some headphone listening and I was glad that the Shure headphones stacked up very well against the competition – even though a lot of the time competition that was much more expensive.

I did manage to find a power cord for my computer. Actually, I found two – the one in the computer section was 9,99 and the one in the audio section was 3,99. I’m glad I didn’t have to pay $15 for a cord…

I got bored of shopping pretty quick and wandered around a bit more on the Rhine. It was raining this time though, so it was a different and again enjoyable experience.

We ate dinner at a German restaurant that had a special on Schnitzel but I got a bacon, onion, and sour cream pancake. Actually, it was more like a Swedish pancake pizza. Very good but too much bacon.

I finally made it to a dance club that night, too. They had a very good sounding Electro-Voice EVID system – I had fun listening to the speakers but didn’t get wild because as usual I had to take the group to the train station on the way home.

Kind of a boring day – but that was OK with how intense the week has been!

2 comments:

julie.healey said...

"Too much bacon" wow.

Lakeshore Librarian said...

When are we going to see the photos of the Rhine, etc? or are you posting them somewhere else?