Thursday, June 16, 2011

Nothing super exciting today. I had to check out of the Hotel in Munich around 10:30 (after waking up at 9:30, so no time to do anything interesting). Then it was straight to Holzkirchen – quite a train ride! I wore my KU shirt and several people at the train station asked if I was from KU and needed directions. I knew I was in the right place!

The material we got said we couldn’t check in until 4:30, but the Hotle Alte Post let me in around noon. This hotel is nice. Like, really nice. The prices range from $160-$250 a night. You can see the alps from the balcony. My roommates showed up after a bit and by 4:00 or so we met up with everyone to do some exploring. That meant wandering around the supermarket. This town is small but there are a lot of nice (expensive looking) shops in the downtown area. Not much time to explore those – it started raining so I ended up back to the hotel.

We had dinner at the hotel- an excellent restaurant. I had soup, salad, and noodles. The hotel owner made sure to tell us that all the produce came from local Bavarian farms and was therefore E Coli free.

Bed next – our orientation is at 9:00AM tomorrow. It’s thunderstorming right now – I have some cool pictures but am still looking for a permanent USB cord solution so I can show them to you.

2 comments:

sPh said...

First!

Dad-O

I'm betting you will buy that umbrella before too many days pass...

Lakeshore Librarian said...

Glad it is going well so far. Thanks for the informative posts. I saw a film called Green Fire tonight about the life and land ethic of Aldo Leopold, a conservationist. A good turnout for the showing at UW Manitowoc.

Aunt Amy