Tuesday, June 14, 2011

New trip, same blog!

Hello everybody,

This is the first post of the blog describing my summer 2011 trip to Germany.

The posts below describe my 2008 GAPP trip to Germany. You may read them if you want.

I'm currently sitting in Hethrow Airport. I flew from O'Hare Monday evening your time. The trip really wasn't bad - I think last time I flew from Dallas to Frankfurt so the flight was about three and a half hours longer. The food on United was better than the food on American. I spent the whole time watching Star Trek.

I finally got here and am on the Wifi. I had to pay for it, but that's OK, because I needed to get the location of my hotel in Munich and my reservation number there. Also, I did not bring a British plug adapter, which was dumb in retrospect. I have about an hour and a half of battery left - or two episodes of Star Trek. (I'm on my new computer- a Thinkpad X120e Netbook!)

By the way, the sound system in Hethrow is awesome. I can hear everything loud and clear. No manufacturer's markings on the speakers, though, so I can't tell you too much about it, besides that I like it.

Robert

4 comments:

Unknown said...

First

Lakeshore Librarian said...

Yes!! Blogbert returns! I've been thinking of you & wishing you safe travels.

I'm going back to Madison today to express my displeasure with the governor and encourage the legislature to behave with brains. courage and compassion, I'm not confident of that outcome, but at least it is clear and sunny and warmer than it was in February.

Thanks for resuming The Brown Cow -- I'll look forward to your further posts,



Aunt Amy

julie.healey said...

We ate at the Rootbeer Drive-in on the way home. No one sat on a malt. Glad your trip is going well.

sPh said...

Hey - I heard that.

Steve-O